What is IELTS
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System.
IELTS conforms to the highest international standards of language assessment. It tests the four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking. It is designed specially for those who want to study and work in English-speaking countries.
IELTS is recognised by more than 9000 organizations in 140 countries, including universities, recruitment and immigration agencies and other establishments in countries like Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand and many others.
IELTS has been designed by 3 international organizations:
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL) - an organization that provides the opportunity to obtain a number of the world's leading certificates, now in the hands of more than three million people in 130 countries, for students and teachers of English;
- The British Council - an organization known throughout the world, which develops British culture outside the United Kingdom. It specializes in international education and opportunities for cultural exchange. This organization has been awarded a royal charter and is among the charities listed in England, Wales and Scotland;
- IDP: IELTS Australia - an international company that offers student internships and testing services in English.
Privileges of the IELTS exam:
- IELTS certificate take absolutely all the countries where it is necessary knowledge of English;
- Anyone can pass the IELTS, the exam confirms any level of knowledge of the English language;
- Adapted for different purposes - to communicate in English in the scientific community (Academic Module) and everyday life (General Module);
- You can pass the exam an unlimited number of times.
- Tests are developed by world leaders in the field of English language learning: Cambridge English Language Assessment, IDP: IELTS Australia and the British Council and a single international certificate format;
- Annually for the IELTS test materials are prepared best philologists and linguists of the world;
- Test has a 9-point scale assessment that tests knowledge of English at any level. The reliability of the results of the IELTS test confident 9000 organizations in 140 countries.
- Any candidate who receives the certificate of IELTS, can be sure of its practical application;
- IELTS test meets the candidate more than one purpose: it can be used for admission to higher education, employment and immigration;
- IELTS certificate take universities, employers, embassies of all the countries where the communication is understood in English.
If you plan to immigrate, you want to study abroad or work in any of the English-speaking countries, IELTS - an important step in the implementation of your dreams.