1. I acknowledge that the IELTS test is jointly owned by British Council, IELTS Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 84 008 664 766), which is wholly owned by IDP Education Ltd (‘IDP:IELTS Australia’) and Cambridge English Language Assessment (part of the University of Cambridge), collectively referred to as the IELTS Test Partners. 2. I certify that the information in my application is complete, true and accurate.
3. I understand that the personal data in my application is collected for the purposes of the IELTS test, and I consent for this data to be disclosed to, processed and stored by the IELTS Test Partners for the purpose of such administration. I further consent for this data, including, without limitation, test performance or score data and my test result to be disclosed by the IELTS Test Partners to those Recognising Organisations to which I apply and to governments (including visa processing authorities) for the purpose of allowing these organisations to verify my test result or to carry out enquiries in relation to suspected malpractice. If the IELTS Test Partners discover that a false or altered Test Report Form has been provided to any of these Recognising Organisations or government authorities I further consent that the IELTS Test Partners may inform the same and provide them with my personal data and any relevant details relating to the work I produce as part of my test taking, including, without limitation, test performance or score data.
4. I understand that my personal data may be processed in an anonymous form by the IELTS Test Partners for statistical and research purposes. The IELTS Test Partners and the centre administering the test confirm that they will not disclose personal information about candidates to others except as stated in this Declaration or to the extent permitted by law.
5. I understand that I may view a copy of my personal data contained in the Application Form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. I understand that a fee will be charged for access to this information.
6. I understand that if I want a copy of my finger scan it can only be provided as a Binary Large Object (BLOB) and the request must be made to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. I understand a fee will be charged for access to this information.
7. I understand that if the details on this form are not completed my application may not be processed. I further understand that completing and submitting this Application Form does not guarantee registration on my preferred test date or at my preferred test location. I understand that my registration will be confirmed in writing from the centre.
8. I understand that any personal data collected during the identity verification process by the centre either at test registration or on test day will be processed and securely stored by the IELTS Test Partners for the purpose of the IELTS test. I acknowledge that the photograph taken of me by the centre will be provided to any Recognising Organisations or government authorities (including visa processing authorities) to which I apply for the purposes of allowing these organisations to verify my test results or to carry out enquiries in relation to possible malpractice or test integrity issues. I understand that where finger-scan data is obtained it will not be disclosed to any entity except the IELTS Test Partners.
9. I understand that I will have my photograph taken by the centre to allow the Test Report Form to be released. If I have not had my photograph taken by the centre no result will be issued.
10. I acknowledge that I have read the IELTS Notice to Candidates on page i and agree to abide by the rules and regulations contained therein.
11. I understand there may be local terms and conditions I must comply with and that the centre will provide details of these on request.
12. I understand that I must attend all four test components in order to receive an IELTS test result and that any exception to this must be approved in advance by the centre.
13. I understand that the IELTS Test Partners have a responsibility to all candidates and Recognising Organisations to ensure the highest confidence in the accuracy and integrity of test results and that the IELTS Test Partners therefore reserve the right to withhold test results temporarily or permanently, or to cancel test results which have been issued, if they consider those results to be unreliable for reasons of suspected malpractice or any other irregularity in the test process.
14. I understand that my result may not be issued 13 days after the test if any of the IELTS Test Partners deem it necessary to review any matter associated with my test or the administration of my test, including making enquiries as to whether any rules or regulations have been breached. I understand that I may be required to provide additional samples of my writing and speaking for the purposes of assisting any investigation before or after the test. I understand that in exceptional circumstances I may be required to re-take one or more IELTS components.
15. I understand that if I am suspected of engaging in any form of malpractice, or do anything that might damage the integrity and security of IELTS, I may not receive a test result, my test fee will not be refunded and I may be prohibited from taking the IELTS test in the future. Despite and without limiting any of the terms of this Declaration, I understand that details of any malpractice (including evidence of suspected malpractice) that has been established, is suspected, or is being formally investigated may be provided to Recognising Organisations, including visa processing authorities and appropriate regulatory authorities, or otherwise disclosed in accordance with the law, where required for verification purposes or other purposes to protect the IELTS test and its stakeholders against any form of malpractice. I further understand that suspected malpractice will be reported centrally to the IELTS Test Partners and to any relevant test centre by the centre where the suspected malpractice occurred.
16. I understand that if I engage in any form of malpractice, or do anything that might damage the integrity and security of IELTS, I may be banned from taking the IELTS test in the future. I understand that if I am banned I will receive a notification stating the length of the ban. I understand that if I am subject to a ban and I register to take the test, I will not receive a result and I will not be entitled to a refund.
17. I understand that if any other person attempts to take the IELTS test in my place, both I and such person will be liable to prosecution. Details relating to the situation will be provided to the relevant authorities, including visa processing authorities and appropriate regulatory authorities.
18. I understand that the work I produce in the IELTS test remains the property of the IELTS Test Partners. It will not be released to candidates or to institutions or organisations, except in the investigation of suspected malpractice whereby my work may be provided to relevant authorities.
19. I understand that my Speaking test will be recorded. I understand that in the event the test does not record I will be required to re-take the Speaking test. I also agree that an observer may attend my Speaking test as part of the monitoring process.
20. I understand that I will be charged the full test fee upon registration. I understand that if I request a transfer or cancel my test, my right to a refund will be determined in accordance with local legislation.
21. I understand that this test result cannot be used for UKVI application purposes and that I will not be eligible for a refund if I subsequently find that I require an IELTS for UKVI test result.
22. I acknowledge that I have read the IELTS Information for Candidates booklet.
Disclaimer: The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed to be one of many factors used by academic institutions, government agencies, professional bodies and employers in determining whether a test taker can be admitted as a student or be considered for employment or for citizenship purposes. IELTS is not designed to be the sole method of determining admission or employment for the test taker. IELTS is made available worldwide to all persons, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality or religion, but it is not recommended to persons under 16 years of age.
British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment and any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering IELTS shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive, or similar damages arising out of access to, use of, acceptance by, or interpretation of the results by any third party, or any errors or omissions in the content thereof.